Rental Application Process
To apply for one of our rental homes, you will need digital copies of the following: A government issued ID; 3 most recent pay stubs (or 2 months bank statements and 2 years tax returns if self-employed); a photo of all pet(s) taken with the applicant (if applicable); and contact information for current and past landlords.
All people 18 years or older must apply and pay a $80 application fee.
Prospective tenants with acceptable income, credit, and references will typically be approved with a security deposit equal to 1 month’s rent plus $200. For example, a home renting for $1,000/month would have a security deposit of $1,200. Unqualified applicants may be conditionally approved with a security deposit of 1.5x – 4x this amount. All approved applicants must sign an Intent to Lease Agreement and pay the security/holding deposit within 48 hours of application approval. Properties will not be taken off the market until the deposit is paid and Intent to Lease Agreement is signed.
Common Reasons for a Rejected Application
- Incomplete applications; all adults that will be residing in the home must apply in order for the group’s application to be complete
- Prior evictions (some exceptions apply)
- Outstanding balances owed to current or previous landlords
- Excessive credit delinquencies
- Insufficient income and unsatisfactory references
- History of bankruptcy, foreclosure, short sales, etc. considered on a case by case basis
Within the last 5-10 years, any felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property (arson, for example) and any sexual offenses for any time period. Disallowed pets and/or vehicles may also result in rejection.